[GTALUG] HummingBoard-i2eX First Impressions

Anthony de Boer adb at adb.ca
Mon Dec 29 18:27:02 UTC 2014

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Intel keeps coming out with $300 boards and boxes while talking about
> them being like the raspberry pi.  Intel simply does not seem to
> understand the concept of cheap and low power hardware.

And thus was born the Berrywulf, in a conversation at the office awhile
ago: if Intel wants to compare their offering at $300, then it's only
fair to compare it to $300 worth of Raspberry Pis and a FastE switch set
up as a Beowulf cluster.  We'd have a lot more HDMI and USB ports that
way too!

I did footnote that it'd be crazy to actually build one and it was for
price comparison purposes only.  It'd be a good kind of crazy, though.

--
Anthony de Boer