[GTALUG] [OT] One Plus One Invite to pass along.

Clifford Ilkay clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Wed Dec 24 05:53:56 UTC 2014

On 12/23/2014 11:28 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:36:01PM -0500, Scott Sullivan wrote:
>> I've got a spare invite to purchase the One Plus One phone.
>>
>> Anyone interested _MUST_ contact me off-list. First come, first serve.
> I am trying to figure out what makes anyone want to want that phone
> in particular?
>
> Both qualcomm and cyanogenmod have pretty well deserved reputations for
> being rather hostile to openess.
>
> Am I missing something?

I use Linux as my primary working environment so what other viable
option is there other than Android and derivatives? BlackBerry OS, iOS,
and Windows Phone don't have any way of syncing with Linux so that
leaves Android, which doesn't require anything other than a Google
account to sync. I could probably live with any of those choices but I'm
tired of having to use an operating system I don't normally use just to
sync the calendar on my phone, as I do now with my Symbian OS Nokia,
which syncs (badly) with an application that runs only on Windows. In
fact, syncing the calendar on my phone is so convoluted that I just
don't bother any more.

--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay