[GTALUG] [OT] One Plus One Invite to pass along.

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Dec 23 18:14:22 UTC 2014

| From: Lennart Sorensen <lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca>

| Both qualcomm and cyanogenmod have pretty well deserved reputations for
| being rather hostile to openess.

I didn't know this about Cyanogenmod.  I use stock firmware on all my
Android devices, acting like a dumb consumer (sadly, that's what I
am).  I just assumed Cyanogenmod was open if I wanted to bother.  Is
it like dd-wrt?

I guess most things about Android are pretend-open (fauxpen?).
As time goes by more of the important features are closed source.
And "open" was almost always a one way street from Google.