[GTALUG] Upgrade from Ubuntu 12.10 [was > Re: Ubuntu need Adobe Flash?]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Dec 22 18:32:54 UTC 2014

| From: Chris Aitken <chris at chrisaitken.net>

| OK. I'm going to upgrade. Is there an easy GUI method? System Tools >
| Admin > Software Updater gave me ...

Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04 and probably 16.04 are Long Term Support
versions of Ubuntu.  They promise support for some years.

The other Ubuntus are supported for about a year, if I remember
correctly.

Given that you kept your 12.10 past the end of support, I suggest you
move to 14.04.  Perhaps you will be done with your computer by the
time 14.04 LTS expires.