[GTALUG] Ubuntu need Adobe Flash?

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj at sergiodj.net
Fri Dec 19 18:12:55 UTC 2014

On Friday, December 19 2014, Chris Aitken wrote:

> I can't play videos on the Internet. I get an error that ...
>
> "Firefox has prevented the outdated plugin "Adobe Flash" from running
> on youtube.com."

[First post, hey guys!]

Hi Chris,

Maybe you know that already, but it is also possible to use youtube-dl,
a Free Software program, to download the video you want from the
website.  Despite its name, it works with many other websites, not only
youtube.  And of course, after you start using it and notice that you do
not need a program that disrespects your freedom anymore, you can
uninstall flash from your system :-).

Cheers,

--
Sergio