[GTALUG] Ubuntu need Adobe Flash?

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 15:43:33 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Lennart Sorensen <
lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> lennartsorensen:~# update-flashplugin-nonfree --status
> Flash Player version installed on this system  : 11.2.202.425
> Flash Player version available on upstream site: 11.2.202.425
> flash-mozilla.so - auto mode

It seems that Firefox can only use the latest 11.2 version because it's the
latest available for Linux and no new versions will be made available.
However, in Chrome I have 16.0.0.235 installed because it comes "built
in".  So, if Flash is important to you, you may want to switch to using
Chrome (I'm not sure if Chromium also has this feature, but that may also
be a possibility).