[GTALUG] Python 2 vs python 3 debate

Stewart Russell scruss at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:33:29 UTC 2014

On Dec 18, 2014 10:08 AM, "Giles Orr" <gilesorr at gmail.com> wrote:

>  If you mean that it's
> producing numbers that bad in a
> modern browser, yes, that's an issue.
> Could you clarify?

Sure; that's what's reported in the current Firefox. Chrome also returns
5.0; but also adds some other output to hint it's a newer browser.

(Is anyone on this list running a 16 year old browser for anything but tiny
embedded system needs or lulz? I used to run the Chimera browser for far
longer than strictly necessary as I was an SGML nerd and it supported HTML
3.0, not the vile 3.2)

Checking Brython's issues, I see this is flagged. It's doing something
unwise with JS's int methods when it should be using bigints.

As a brythonic Scot (there aren't that many of us) I would like to approve
of this message ...

Stewart