[GTALUG] HTML-only email messages on the mailing list (was Python 2 vs python 3 debate)

Walter Dnes waltdnes at waltdnes.org
Wed Dec 17 22:49:58 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:18:19AM -0500, Thomas Milne wrote

> I've been using Inbox, the hip new thing from Google. I assumed since
> Lennart was not scolding me I was okay :-)

  Reminds me of a post on Slashdot about Google's development process,
that was so good, I saved it locally...

Guy with piercings: Hey, look, I made it so when you, like, compose a
new email this itty bitty box pops up!

Girl with shaved head: Neato! But it's, like, taking up the whole page.
That's so last decade.

[clickety-clicketty-click]

Person of transient gender with dreadlocks: Yay, now you can only see
three words at a time. Minimalismo!

GWSH: Better hide those scrollbars. They're so Windows XP! [1]

POTGWD: But we'll need some way to scroll, with the window being so
petite.

GWSH: If you, like, move the mouse to the right quickly, that could mean
"up" or something.

GWP: Inside the box, or anywhere on the screen?

GWSH & POTGWD: Anywhere on the screen, of course!

All: Awesome!

Chief UX Creative: That's what I like to hear. Let's all hop on our
fixies, the whoppachoccacacamochos are on me!

All: Totally awesome!

[1] This is the earliest version any of them have heard of, let alone
used.