[GTALUG] HTML-only email messages on the mailing list (was Python 2 vs python 3 debate)

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:25:26 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-16 11:47 PM, Blaise Alleyne wrote:

> (No, Gmail is not sending plain text email.)

I think that's more the problem. Gmail sometimes shows an indicator that
it's using plain text, but then sends it with an HTML version anyway. It
being Google, there are no reliable user settings we can control.

I still occasionally use a system that transmits and receives using
5-bit Baudot, but I don't recommend it. The slightest bit of noise can
shift you out of alphabetical characters into others. Plus, it has no case.

cheers,
 Stewart