[GTALUG] 28" UHD monitor for $299+taxes, delivered

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Dec 12 16:12:24 UTC 2014

| From: Anthony de Boer <adb at adb.ca>

| They've always been more successful at hardware: things like the Z80
| card (CP/M on the Apple ][+, yay!) or the early serial mice, and now
| this.  Shame about their attempts to diversify into software, really.

This is actually a Dell monitor that the Microsoft Store is selling.

Microsoft's Surface seems nice enough after the 3rd attempt.  But I
still think that a clamshell is a better format than a tablet +
keyboard.

Remember that Xenix was originally from them.  I wonder what the
landscape would be like if Microsoft had gone with it instead of
NT (there was internal discussion of that).  It might not have been
good for us given their controlling nature.