[GTALUG] meeting tomorrow: topic?

Blaise Alleyne email+libre at blaise.ca
Tue Dec 9 19:37:56 UTC 2014

On 08/12/14 12:47 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> - I'm interested in setting up my in-house services like a cloud.
>   Perhaps <http://owncloud.org/>.  Motivation: I want to keep control
>   of my own data as much as possible.  Can anyone speak to this?

I could happily speak to this in the future.

I'm self-hosting a bunch of stuff at home, as part of my own degooglification
process: ownCloud, SOGo, Snowy, Mediagoblin, Tiny Tiny RSS, Dokuwiki... in the
past, MythTV (including Mythweb), Mediawiki, Ampache... and services I'm
hosting, but not at home, include FreeSWITCH and ejabberd (and email...).

I also gave a talk at FSOSS this year on software freedom in a networked work,
which covered some of this as well, though not as a technical talk.