[GTALUG] [GTALUG-Announce] GTALUG Meeting Tonight at 7:30pm

Myles Braithwaite me at mylesbraithwaite.com
Tue Dec 9 14:33:58 UTC 2014

<http://gtalug.org/meeting/2014-12/>

Maven and a Round Table Q&A Session
===================================

Maven
-----

Make was written to avoid the problem of recompiling files
that hadn't changed. It of course introduced a new set of
problems , such as verbosity, and the solutions for them.
Those solutions in turn introduced another set of problems
such as redundancy, and so on. Maven is one of the
moderately successful attempts to solve most of them.

Round Table Q&A Session
-----------------------

A Round Table Q&A Session is where we take questions from
the audience, and the audience discusses and attempts to
answer those questions from their own knowledge. It's a
great way to meet fellow members of our community and
discover the skill sets we each bring to the table.

## Location

George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre
245 Church Street, Room 203
Ryerson University

<http://goo.gl/maps/16oJ2>

## Schedule

* 7:30 pm - Meeting and presentation.
* 9:00 pm - After each meeting (at 9:00 pm) a group of
GTALUGers move to the The Imperial Pub 54 Dundas St East
for refreshments and more socializing.

Code of Conduct
===============

We want a productive happy community that can welcome new
ideas, improve every process every year, and foster
collaboration between individuals with differing needs,
interests and skills.

We gain strength from diversity, and actively seek
participation from those who enhance it. This code of
conduct exists to ensure that diverse groups collaborate to
mutual advantage and enjoyment. We will challenge prejudice
that could jeopardize the participation of any person in
the community.

The Code of Conduct governs how we behave in public or in
private whenever the Linux community will be judged by our
actions. We expect it to be honored by everyone who
represents the community officially or informally, claims
affiliation, or participates directly. It applies to
activities online or offline.

We invite anybody to participate. Our community is open.

Please read more about the GTALUG Code of Conduct here:
<http://gtalug.org/about/code-of-conduct/>.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the
GTALUG Code of Conduct please contact one of the GTALUG
Board Members.