[GTALUG] Testing from a "+" email address.

Myles Braithwaite me at mylesbraithwaite.com
Mon Aug 18 17:47:01 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Giles Orr <gilesorr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I registered with a "+" in my gmail address earlier today.  It appears to be
> working fine as I clearly received your message ...

The problem is with sending the email. If you setup with
<alex+gtalug at example.org> you have to send using that as while or get
caught in the moderation and a moderator has to approve your second
email for sending only (not receiving) and will not show up in the
membership area of mailman.

The issue I'm trying to figure out is in the scenario where an email
address get hijacked and starts sending mail to the list. How can we
modorate that email if it's not in the membership area of mailman.

Working on it over here: <https://github.com/gtalug/infrastructure/issues/30>.