[GTALUG] [TLUG]: Please subscribe to the new GTALUG Talks List

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 30 17:32:49 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Clive DaSilva <cdasilva-q6EoVN9bke6w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hello Paul
>
> I have the same issue with tlug right now
>
> Clive

I see Clive's address on the list of members of the new list, but not
Paul's, so
there is some kind of difference between the issues you are having.

Note that we are using Mailman for the new list, which has the consequence
that there is a particular "two phase commit" to the process of subscribing;
you should expect to get a message indicating that an application for that
address has been added, and that you should visit an approval URL as the
approximation to indicate that it "really was you" that did so.

It is possible that some over-exuberant spam filters might mark the
administrative messages from the mailing list manager as "spam"; that
should not come as super-surprising in this world where MOST email is
apparently spam.

It might prove simpler to interact with the mailing list software via the
web interface; visit <http://gtalug.org/mailman/listinfo/talk>.

Clive appears to already be fully added to the new list, so when there is
traffic, I'd expect Clive to see that.  (Indeed, this message is being sent
to both lists, so Clive might well see two copies.)

I could add Paul "by hand" to the list, though it seems to me as though
it is preferable to retry, and perhaps figure out what problem was
preventing
subscription to work.

I will observe that the new list hasn't been vastly active, so it's possible
that Clive happened not to see any traffic.