Please Subscribe to the New GTALUG Mailing List

Anthony de Boer adb-SACILpcuo74 at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 16 00:56:15 UTC 2014

Myles Braithwaite wrote:
> This list (tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org) will be dead  (all new mail will be forwarded
> to /dev/null) by the 30th September, 2014.

And that's the end of a very long era, moving off of Drew Sullivan's
domain.

It seems like just a few weeks ago that he was the one guy at a Unix
Unanimous meeting who had even heard of Linux, but that was well over 20
years ago.  (Time certainly flies when we're getting old.)

In that time he got this group and a lot of Linux users and programmers
off the ground here, contributed to the kernel itself (anyone else
remember iBCS2?) and did all manner of other things.  Even raised a
couple of kids.

So I'd like to publically thank Drew for all he's done for TLUG.
Thank you, Drew.

{raises pint}

--
Anthony de Boer