Fwd: Research code to run

David Mason dmason-bqArmZWzea/GcjXNFnLQ/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 5 05:05:37 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am doing some research in dynamic versus static function/method
dispatch.  I have a simple C program that I would like run on as many
architectures as possible.  In particular, I'd like a MIPS, an ARM,
and IBM zSeries.  If you're running on an old architecture, the big
number at the beginning of run-microb may need to have one or more 0s
dropped so it runs in a timely way.

Any help appreciated.

Attached is the tar file.  If you save it into your Downloads
directory, then simply:
   tar zxf microb.tgz
   cd microb
   make
will run for maybe 5 minutes.  I would like the complete screen
capture for that whole session (it prints out some statistics about
the machine it's on, and then the time for 3 runs of 5 *slightly*
different micro benchmarks.

Thanks,

../Dave