Teksavvy down all day

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 2 01:54:36 UTC 2014

I heard similar to Digimer's report...

I also heard something to the effect that authentication was the component
where things were breaking.

I suspect DNS got mussed with, as a friend had resolution failures
indicated, which is curiously consistent with Peter's observation; I have
the lurking suspicion that if you ran your own BIND pointing to root
servers, the problem might have been strangely invisible :-)

Presumably addresses for gmail and gtalug were being cached...