Best DSL Modem?

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 30 22:42:43 UTC 2014

Something recently changed with our Teksavvy DSL connection (they
'optimized it, apparently) and now the modem (Sagecom 2864) works close to
the demarkation point in the basement and at phone outlets on the first
and second floor, but not on the third floor, which is a little bit
further. I suspect the signal has gone down a bit in strength and it's not
enough for the modem.

Unplugging phones has no effect.

This is highly inconvenient since everything is cabled back to that modem.
Changing over to wireless or some other solution is a major disruption.

The phone still works fine at the third floor outlet, so the connection is
basically OK.

Anyone have any thoughts about a good DSL modem to try in this situation?

Any advice appreciated.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto