TrueCrypt Alternatives

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri May 30 00:14:43 UTC 2014

| From: David Collier-Brown <davec-b-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>

| On 05/29/2014 10:16 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

| > And I thought the big audit was just about done on it too.

| Something smells: usually when a company closes down just before an
| auditor reports, it's because they're badly broken...

The "Phase I Audit Report" has been available for a while ago.  In honour of
the withdrawal, I read the report.  Interesting but not damning.
<https://opencryptoaudit.org/reports/iSec_Final_Open_Crypto_Audit_Project_TrueCrypt_Security_Assessment.pdf>
Dated 2014 February 14.

Why TrueCrypt has been withdrawn isn't clear to me.  Since it is open
source, the project will surely be forked.  And improved.