looking for an inspiron 8500 or some other Dell of similar vintage

Digimer lists-5ZoueyuiTZiw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sun May 25 23:58:48 UTC 2014

On 25/05/14 07:30 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> I use this for an auto diagnostic program. Needs a 9 pin serial port. My
> current computer internal P/S died. Preferably just remove the hard disk
> and put it in new one.
> Dave Cramer

If you just need reliable serial, I've gotten a couple of Antaira USB to
serial adapters and they work in Linux flawlessly. This one:

http://www.antaira.com/products/industrial-usb/usb-to-serial/1-port/uts-1110a?pid=4509

Has Tx/Rx LEDs, which is surprisingly useful, too. I highly recommend them.

--
Digimer
access to education?