Looking for advice on router software

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Sun May 25 14:58:12 UTC 2014

On 05/23/2014 07:52 PM, William Muriithi wrote:

>  > It strikes me that <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DD-WRT> seems
>  > santized.  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:DD-WRT> is worth a look.
>  > It includes the phrase "GPL terrorism".
>
> Had noticed this early last year when I was flashing my router too.
> Since I hate blob with passion, I passed and ended up using tomato.
>
> William

Good to hear you found something that works for you.

I've also been using the DIR-825 with OpenWRT for a few years now. I've
also been using OpenWRT across a slew of TP-link hardware.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3020
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr11u

The OpenWRT community certainly supports a much broader set of hardware.

--
Scott Sullivan