Looking for advice on router software

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat May 24 04:53:09 UTC 2014

| From: David Collier-Brown <davec-b-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>

| The bufferbloat troops (and Van Jacobsen) are mostly playing on the
| openwrt side.

Yes.  CeroWRT is their distro.  It is downstream from OpenWRT.  They
are pushing at least some of their more important stuff all the way
back to Linus' tree.

I don't know that Van Jacobsen is actually involved.  But lots of
famous folk are "members".  See
<http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt>

Progress seems quite slow.  Dave Täht seems to do most of the work
but doesn't have an income stream to devote much time to it.

It only runs on long-in-the-tooth Netgear routers.  I bought one
several years ago but the descriptions of the releases have let me put
off deploying it up to now.  This may be the best source (I don't
guarantee anything -- check the fineprint yourself):
<http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122523>

<http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/CeroWrt_310_Release_Notes>
See the Status section
"The current CeroWrt release is code-named “Toronto","

I guess it is time to try it