Lenovo laptop sale

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri May 23 22:14:45 UTC 2014

| From: William Muriithi <william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| An $800 laptop for $318
|
| http://shop.lenovo.com/workperksca/ca/en/landingpage/promotions/ideapad/weekly-sale?PID=749547&SID=rfdcb-d723

I'm pretty sure that was a price error and almost as sure that all or
most orders will be cancelled.

I tried to order at 4:00 in the morning.  Lenovo's site had gone
non-responsive by that time.  Session timeouts.

The hilarous escapade played out on
<http://forums.redflagdeals.com/lenovo-canada-lenovo-laptop-y410p-14-i7-4700mq-gt755m-279-regular-1-389-a-1484456/>

That thread started at 22:35 last night and currently has 2136
messages!

Lenovo Canada has had a lot of price errors on their web site over the
years.  More than any other site that I've cared about.  Example: I
had an order pending and unfulfilled for several years; it was at a
foolish price.

I had another order accepted and then cancelled a few months ago (they
allowed a large discount for removing Windows and then claimed it was
impossible to ship without Windows; negotiation got me nowhere).

My favourite error of theirs was that they sold me a clearance X60
tablet that they didn't have.  So they substituted an X61 which was a
new model.  Perhaps half list price (I don't remember exactly).