Looking for advice on router software

William Witteman wwitteman-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 22 18:38:27 UTC 2014

I have a D-Link DIR-825 c1 router that never worked well out of the
box. I needed a router ASAP, so I bought another router rather than
fuss with this one.  I am wondering which open source software I
should put on this thing to see if it can be useful again - any
suggestions?

It looks like it supports Open WRT and DD-WRT, but I don't know how to
choose between these, or if there are other choices that I might
prefer.  Help?

Thanks!