Remote rsync question

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Thu May 8 03:57:06 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 03:58:08PM -0400, Stewart Russell wrote
> I'd avoid --size-only unless your machines have clock problems.

  I didn't bother mentioning it originally, but the old laptop does have
"clock problems".  Basically, the clock stops when the system powers
down.  And no, I'm not using "suspend".  In /etc/local.d/000.start I've
added the 2 commands...

/usr/bin/openrdate -n -s ca.pool.ntp.org
/sbin/hwclock --systohc

  This syncs it properly, assuming the network comes up at boot.  It's
an older laptop.

> And absolutely seconding --dry-run for testing; rsync's path
> specification can be maddening.

  I had forgotten about that.  I will use it.