Put and delete - HTTP method

Myles Braithwaite me-qIX3qoPyADtH8hdXm2+x1laTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Wed May 7 15:34:17 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM, William Muriithi
<william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> What is your opinion or experience with the two HTTP methods? Would
> appreciate some enlightenment/criticism here.

CouchDB uses the PUT requests to create new databases, documents,
designs and views documents and it uses DELETE to (shockingly) delete
records <http://couchdb.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api/basics.html#request-format-and-responses>.

WebDAV also uses the PUT and DELETE methods:
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4918#section-9>.

The first draft of all the HTTP REST APIs I write support all the
different HTTP methods but they usually don't make it out into
production because not many people know about them.

--
Myles Braithwaite | http://mylesb.ca/e