sipxecs behind NAT

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 20 16:19:18 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:57:22AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Lennart Sorensen <
> lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:44:33AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> > > This is my masquerade rule:
> > >
> > > MASQUERADE  all  --  192.168.122.0/24    !192.168.122.0/24
> > >
> > > I'm curious why sipxecs would even put the internal IP in the packet ?
> >
> > Do you have the sip conntrack helper module loaded on your router?
> >
> > SIP is one of the protocols that needs help to go through nat, because
> > the packets include internal IPs in them.
> >
> > Len,
>
> I didn't but I just loaded them with similar results

You may have to reboot the router (or somehow flush the connection
tracking table) to make it forget about any existing connection attempts.

Of course some sip phones are "broken" or at least weird and unusual
and don't work well with the sip nat handling in the kernel (generally
things made by Cisco, but only a few models).

The modules should be nf_nat_sip and nf_conntrack_sip.

--
Len Sorensen