Usb Modeswitch

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 18 04:27:03 UTC 2014

On 03/17/2014 01:21 PM, Russell wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to get an older Motorola phone -Snap XT300 to modeswitch. I'm able to use udevadm to find and mount the sim storage. What I am unable to find on the internet is the switch target id and message to send
>
 > What I am hoping is that someone on the list is using a motorola
phone and can post a copy of target vendor and product id's and message
contennt to enable the switch.

 > Thanks
 > Russell

A fair bit more information would help us understand what your asking
for Russell.

After a quick search, do you mean this phone?
http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_spice_xt300-3540.php

What does 'modeswitch'ing do?
I've seen it referenced in passing about older usb 3G modems, so I
almost didn't missed that you were talking about a phone.

How are you connecting to this phone, from your limited description I'm
having to infer and guess that your connect it to a computer via USB?

Is this correct?

--
Scott Sullivan