New mom board

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 17 17:02:39 UTC 2014

Bob Jonkman wrote:

> James Knott wrote:
>> > video is more of a concern.
> If so, I would expect a consumer board to have better video than a
> server board - what server needs more than a text console?
>
> Adding a "gaming" video card is probably a better choice for high
> quality, high speed video. But I have my doubts about Linux
> compatibility for "gaming" video cards.

I don't need server level performance and I don't play games.  However,
I want something with good Linux video drivers.  The Nvidia video I
currently have works fine with the NVidia drivers, but it's extra work
to get them installed and I don't know how long they'll support the
various models.  Mine's already on the way out.