New mom board

Digimer lists-5ZoueyuiTZiw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 17 14:17:52 UTC 2014

On 17/03/14 08:26 AM, James Knott wrote:
> I'm thinking about getting a new motherboard for my computer.  My
> current motherboard is an ASUS/AMD 64 bit that's showing it's age.  Any
> suggestions?  Of course, it must work well with Linux.

Whatever you get, be sure it doesn't have a realtek network card on it.
These are almost everywhere as they're so cheap. If you find a mainboard
with an actual Intel NIC (desktop or server), then it's a good sign it's
a board aimed at quality instead of lowest price, so it should work better.

The realtek cards are just horrible little NICs...

--
Digimer
access to education?