Rewrite corner case issues

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 14 12:37:03 UTC 2014

Gosh

Was sending from a phone, not a good idea as you can see now.  Redoing
it from a desktop

> > For example "http://example.org/index.html" time out but "https://example.org/index.html" works. That make me suspect the RewriteRule is wrong, but haven't figured what I may be missing despite tinkering with it for 2 hours night. Hoping someone could easily notice my mistake, would highly appreciate any pointer.

RewriteEngine On

<VirtualHost *:80>

         <Location /soap/servlet/>

              ProxyPass http://127.0.0.1:8080/soap/servlet/

              ProxyPassReverse http://127.0.0.1:8080/soap/servlet/

         </Location>

         <Location />

              RewriteCond     %{REQUEST_URI}    !^/soap/servlet [NC]

              RewriteCond     %{HTTPS}           off

              RewriteRule      ^(.*)$
https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [R,L]

         </Location>