GPG Key-Signing at the next GTALUG Meeting

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 13 11:52:27 UTC 2014

On 14-03-13 12:37 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> See the second message in this thread:
>   <http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.general/15944>
>
> John demoed his prototype while I was in the room (his kitchen) but I
> wasn't paying attention.

No worries. I think you may have just won the "Most Low-key Brag This
List Will Ever See" award, though :-)

So it's a way of sharing keys using mobile devices on the same network.
Hmm, I wonder if we could take the Pirate Box idea of small portable
wireless routers and use that to complete a local keysigning more
quickly and with less reciting of the hex …?

But encryption is hard, so that's probably an unsmart idea.

 Stewart