Anyone still has coax ethernet cable?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 24 00:59:08 UTC 2014

On 06/23/2014 01:35 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I know that the technology is obsolete, but I didn't know that it
> deteriorated on that timescale.

The problem is the plasticizer that makes the plastic flexible
evaporates over time.  This means the cable can become brittle and
break.  I have to toss a litter basket I bought over 40 years ago,
because the side cracked when I picked it up.  They just don't make 'em
like they used to.  ;-)

And yes, you may have to replace that TV cable sometime though, as it
doesn't move much, it will last longer than something that's always flexing.