Anyone still has coax ethernet cable?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 23 17:35:29 UTC 2014

| From: James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>

| The problem with cable that old is it deteriorates with time.  I haven't
| seen coax Ethernet since the mid '90s, so that's pushing 20 years.

Really?  That's scary.  What about coax built into a house?  Does that
mean you have to plan on replacing it every decade or two?

I think that we have video coax (cable TV) that is 30-something.  I'm
not sure that it is 100% healthy, but it seems to work.

I know that the technology is obsolete, but I didn't know that it
deteriorated on that timescale.