Torontocrypto Cryptoparty on Sunday, 20 July 2014

Bob Jonkman bjonkman-w5ExpX8uLjYAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 18 01:36:19 UTC 2014

Hi all: I don't think I've spammed the list with this yet...  Sadly, I
am unable to go, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

- --Bob.

=====
http://torontocrypto.org

Upcoming Event
2pm on July 20th 2014 @ CSI Spadina

215 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
Map:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=43.6507&mlon=-79.3968#map=15/43.6507/-79.3968

Register: https://guestlistapp.com/events/267834

We're hosting our first event. We'll set up small workshops each with
an instructor that you can jump between.

Topics that will be covered:

    Disk Encryption (Diskcryptor)
    Email encryption (PGP)
    Mobile phone privacy (Orbot/Orweb, Redphone, Textsecure)
    TOR Browser (Safe browsing habits)

How it works

This event is free and open to the public. Our CryptoParty will aim to
educate users (our 'visitors') utilizing intuitive privacy
applications for their communications. Specifically PGP (email), Tor
Browser (web), Textsecure (SMS), Diskcryptor (Full Disk / Files),
Redphone (3G/CDMA) and Orbot/Orweb(mobile web).

One station per communication channel (email or phone/sms/IM etc) will
be setup with each station manned by a TorontoCrypto volunteer. Each
station will have two pieces of documentation with it: a guide on the
communication channel's varying degrees of danger to security and a
list of tasks to help walkthrough the use of the privacy application.
=====

- --

Bob Jonkman <bjonkman-w5ExpX8uLjYAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>          Phone: +1-519-669-0388
http://bob.jonkman.ca/blogs/    http://sn.jonkman.ca/bobjonkman/