SSD sector specifications issues

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 14 23:16:26 UTC 2014

Evening,

I have a system running on INTEL SSDSC2BA40 drives and unfortunately its
not doing well performance wise. I also don't have physical access and on
top of that, its running vmware which doesn't do a good job like Linux in
querying hardware specifications.

So I have been forced to use Google in trying to find the size of its
physical sector. Nothing worth reading seem to show up on Google.
Disappointed that Intel haven't done a good job documenting it.

Anyone have one of these drives directly hosting a Linux installation?
Would be grateful if you can share the output of hdparm from this drive.

The system is currently using 512 sectors, but I suspect the SSD native
sectors are 4096.

Thanks in advance.

William