HDMI to VGA adapter has arrived.

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 30 15:21:15 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 09:44:20AM -0500, William Muriithi wrote:

> > > Does this mean VGA can't drive HMDI or am I missing something? Any
> solution
> > > around it?
> >
> > VGA is analog, HDMI is digital.  No way without active convertion
> > electronics to go from one to the other.
> >
> > DVI-I consists of both DVI-A and DVI-D.  DVI-A is VGA signaling, DVI-D
> > is HDMI signaling, so a DVI port can usually drive HDMI or VGA with
> > a simple adapter for the connector.
> >
> > And yes an HDMI to VGA adapter is one way given the active electronics.
> > In fact converting digital to analog is much easier than the other way.
> >
> > You would want something like this:
> >

> http://www.ebay.com/itm/1080P-Audio-VGA-to-HDMI-HD-HDTV-Video-Converter-Box-Adapter-for-PC-Laptop-DVD-/111219723013
> >
> Thanks a lot Len. Will look for it at Canada computers and if they don't
> have pick above

That was just the first one I found on google.  No idea if it is any good.
I haven't owned a PC for over a decade that only had VGA output (and
except for laptops, they haven't even had VGA output).

A few found through shopbot.ca:

http://www.123inkcartridges.ca/accessories-product/Cab_4629.html
http://www.primecables.com/p-311466-cab-4629-vga-rl-stereo-audio-to-hdmi-converter-w-dc-adapter
http://www.ahappydeal.com/product-85679.html

The first two appear to in fact be the same company (same phone number,
same waysite layout, same model, same price), the last one might actually
be US based.

--
Len Sorensen