A Helping Hand when I needed one !

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 28 21:01:59 UTC 2014

>Awesome.  :)
>I feel your pain too, because my laptop can barely finish compiling a
kernel without overheating.  It's plenty fast enough (I >think), but they
didn't design the thing for sustained CPU usage so the heat goes from a
safe-ish 60C to over 90C.  At about >90C the machine does an emergency shut
off to save itself (the safe highest temperature for my CPU is 62C).  So,
make >sure your new machine isn't an Acer Aspire laptop which overheats
like mine.

Hi Tim,

Yes I am negotiating with Filtech Computers at Spadina and College to see
if they will reduce the price as I have my own Hard disks and I have a
desktop that I clean at least once a month. So heat is not really a issue
so far. When I do get a laptop that will of-course have to be looked into :)

Aruna

<https://sites.google.com/site/arunahewapathirane/home/business-card/buisness-card.png?attredirects=0>