KDE eating my disk?

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 28 05:05:03 UTC 2014

On 01/27/2014 06:56 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> My /home partition is getting full.  Bad me.
>
> I'm looking around at the largest files that don't seem useful to me.
>
> ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend is 105 megs
> and I don't know what it is.
>
> It hasn't been modified for 9 months.
>
> Googling suggests that it might be a file index for KDE.  I don't use KDE
> (but I do use a few of its programs under Gnome (eg. kolorpaint,
> kompare)).  I admit that I have tried KDE on this Linux system.
>
> Does an index really take 105 MiB?  I've got locate, and its system-wide
> database is 24 MiB.
>
> How can I politely ask this thing to go away?

My search turns up this:

http://www.my-guides.net/en/guides/linux/how-to-disable-nepomuk-strigi-and-akonadi-in-kde4

It probably is one of the KDE apps that's getting it started up via Akonadi.

There is a section on disabling Akonadi on the KDE userbase.

http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi

More info:
http://userbase.kde.org/Nepomuk

http://aseigo.blogspot.ca/2010/05/i-dont-need-no-stinking-nepomuk-right.html