KDE eating my disk?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 27 23:56:53 UTC 2014

My /home partition is getting full.  Bad me.

I'm looking around at the largest files that don't seem useful to me.

~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend is 105 megs
and I don't know what it is.

It hasn't been modified for 9 months.

Googling suggests that it might be a file index for KDE.  I don't use KDE
(but I do use a few of its programs under Gnome (eg. kolorpaint,
kompare)).  I admit that I have tried KDE on this Linux system.

Does an index really take 105 MiB?  I've got locate, and its system-wide
database is 24 MiB.

How can I politely ask this thing to go away?