A Helping Hand when I needed one !

William Witteman wwitteman-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 24 14:16:37 UTC 2014

I had an Acer Aspire small form-factor desktop which was very laptop
like in its construction, and it had a bad heat sink.  I bought two at
a time and one was a lemon with the heat sink problem.  It was fine
until you got both CPU cores up to 100%, and then it would shut down
very quickly.

That happened to me the same weekend I bought the machines, so I was
able to return it for replacement without any trouble.