screen vs. tmux - WAS: Does KDE etc.

Matt Seburn mattseburn-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 21 16:36:26 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> I missed most of this thread too. Have folks looked at tiling window
> managers? They eliminate the need for manual window layout. Using dwm
> (there are others) I don't need Terminator.

I love tiling window managers, and used ratpoison for years.  It's
basically gnu screen for all your windows.  I switched to KDE because I had
never really used the full environment my distro (Slackware) provides and
wanted to see what I was missing out on.  And, I was also getting sick of
having random small frames for things like Skype, alsamixer and wicd, which
would all be in a taskbar in a DE.