Does KDE really suck this much?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 21 16:35:29 UTC 2014

On 21/01/14 11:12 AM, Matt Seburn wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman-w5ExpX8uLjYAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> I had ignored this thread until yesterday, when I found myself with
>> three workspaces each with four terminal windows.
>>
>> I think I'm going to like terminator. Just installing guake now, and
>> I'll see what it can do for me.
>>

> I was a longtime user of gnu screen, but discovered tmux 6 months ago or so
> and haven't looked back.  I should check out terminator.  Does anyone know
> what the key differences are between them?
>
> With my current workspace setup (on KDE, if it matters), I have one
> terminal window stickied to all of my desktops.  I separate my browser
> windows by desktop, and have my terminal work separated into tmux
> sessions.  Works great for me.

Terminator shines with profiles and layouts. I use a 4 or 6 pane layout,
and connect to remote tmux sessions inside some and not others. Each
terminal can be set to execute something on start up. So I fire up emacs
in terminal one, attach to my local irssi tmux in two, mutt in another,
and the 4th-6th are free for whatever task I'm working on.

Cheers, Jamon