Linus Torvalds discussing source control programs and GIT

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 20 00:54:41 UTC 2014

> Well, seems like PlasticSCM has the same prohibitive problem as
BitKeeper, which is that its proprietors may take their toys away at their
will.

> Perhaps ok for a "corporate" project where there's vastly more risk of
the company cancelling the project than of vendor rot, but utterly
unacceptable for free software projects.

Plus, it seem like a Windows SCM. They say it has a weak support for Unix
and OSX. Essentially, that to me imply you need to be on Windows platform.

Now, I got curious by noticing it support both centralized development and
distributed development, I thought this would be exclusive?  How do they
pull that?

William