Linus Torvalds discussing source control programs and GIT

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 19 17:34:11 UTC 2014

Yeah, I guess I was wanting to start a discussion of "open source" source
control software, not stuff you pay for.

In my MIT project work (FAQ archive scripting right now), I use CVS, so I guess
Torvalds would count me among people who should check themselves into a mental
institution :-) I don't mind saying (out loud) that I don't mind CVS. But maybe
the reason I don't mind is because my repositories consist of individual single
scripts, written in Perl.

For my next project, I will produce a T-Shirt saying "I have been abused by
Linus Torvalds". :-p

Before anyone gets too excited about what I do at MIT, it is volunteer work,
and what I do plus a dollar will buy a doughnut at Timmies. I teach math in my
day job. :-)

Paul