Women and TLUG - a personal rant

Bill Henderson ab460-0l1pH2CMacvR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 16 09:02:55 UTC 2014

On 01/16/2014 02:15 AM, William Park wrote:
> What I mean is, they no longer participate because they see no need to
> come to the meeting (e.g. Linux distros are easy to install, tons of
> info on Web, etc.), and not because there is heckling. That is, they
> are acting in their own self interest. For example, if SAP were to
> present at TLUG and give free samples of their software, I'd bet women
> would be more than happy to come in garter belt and sucking on their
> favourite dildos. I would attend, too, only because I normally have to
> pay to see that.

Folks come because of a sense of community, to get help  on a particuar
problem or to render assistance to others who may have problems.

In Antibes this discussion would be totally redundant.

The "heckling" or unwarranted attention is not an issue here.

We have a woman as president of Linux Azur and Véro's been re-elected
for almost as long as I can remember.

<http://www.antibes-juanlespins.com/les-associations/culturelles/997-association-linux-azur>

--
Bill Henderson