Women and TLUG - a personal rant

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 16 04:40:56 UTC 2014

On 14-01-15 10:58 PM, Randy Jonasz wrote:

> Expressing distaste for someone's behaviour is
> unproblematic but banning from the list is.

Mailing lists die from weak moderation. It's also not a free speech
issue at all; this list exists at the will of the list owner. None of us
would have any recourse should our posts be removed or our membership
banned. ISTR at least one person being banned from this list over the
last few years (someone who was trying to advertise computers
commercially, I recall, and did so repeatedly).

cheers,
 Stewart