Women and TLUG - a personal rant

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 16 02:35:43 UTC 2014

William Park wrote:
> What I mean is, they no longer participate because they see no need to
> come to the meeting (e.g. Linux distros are easy to install, tons of
> info on Web, etc.), and not because there is heckling.  That is, they
> are acting in their own self interest.

What I mean is that while there have been many topics that would have
interested me, I stopped going to TLUG because of the heckling.  It is
that heckling that has caused me to skip many potentially interesting
presentations.  I am not going to waste my time getting to and from the
meeting, as well as the meeting time, to listen to a presentation that's
been shredded by heckling.  If you don't see that as a problem then it
makes me suspect you may be one of the hecklers.