All-in-one Colour Laser

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 15 19:12:44 UTC 2014

On 14-01-15 12:24 PM, John Moniz wrote:
> Neither of the specific models mentioned in reply (the Brother MFC-9125CN &
> HP CP1518ni) could be found in the Linux Printing Database, so never would
> have known about them without  a recommendation. Thanks.

You can't rely on the LPD as much as you used to. If the printers are
relatively new, they may not have info on them. On the other hand, when
someone took over the LPD and it moved host(?) some of the information that
used to be in there was lost.

Check the brother website to see if they offer support for the printer. See
if you can add the printer in CUPS.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.