Fwd: Supper...

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 13 03:49:22 UTC 2014

> "Love at First Bite" serves both pizza and Thai food (I don't know how
> that
> combination happened).

For many years, I worked across the street from LaFB and bought their
pizza on a regular basis. The place is really convenient to some large
Ryerson departments, so they sold pizza for lunch meetings, and there
would be a lineup of students at lunch and after work. They also had a
lunch room with spaghetti dishes and salads.

Then the place changed hands and the new folks started serving Thai food.
I guess since they still had the pizza oven they kept on with that item as
well.

My favourite combo of this sort was a restaurent up on Markham Road near
Eglinton that had been a Scottish restaurent and changed owners to sell
Sushi. So you could get blood pudding with your california rolls.

By the way, the little place at Gerrard and Mutual (just a little east
from Love at First Bite, also on the north side of Gerrard) serves an
excellent chicken shawarma. Unfortunately, their sit-down area is really
primitive.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto